The Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) allows students work at prestigious advertising agencies on various accounts, interact with advertising professionals on a day-to-day basis, and gain valuable professional credentials.
Students selected for the annual 10-week paid summer internship program, which runs from early June to mid-August, will hone their skills in one of the following advertising disciplines:
• Account Management
• Art Direction
• Broadcast Production
• Digital/Interactive Design
• Internet Marketing
• Media Buying
• Media Planning
• Project Management
• Public Relations
• Social Media
• Strategic/Account Planning
HOW TO APPLY
To be eligible to apply for MAIP, a student must be:
• Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Multiracial or Multiethnic (e.g., Hispanic and Black);
• A citizen or permanent resident of the United States (visas are not accepted);
• Currently a college junior, senior, or graduate student at any accredited, degree-granting college or university, or a student attending a participating 4A’s portfolio school* (including fall 2011 and spring 2012 graduates);
• Maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0.
- College juniors, seniors or second-year graduate or portfolio school students must meet the GPA requirement at the time the application is submitted. First-semester graduate students or transfer students must meet the GPA requirement with their Fall semester grades. Proof of GPA must be submitted via an official college transcript upon request.
• Able to show your passion to kick start a career in advertising through your essays.
Applications for MAIP 2013 will be available in the Fall of 2012.
For more information and application due dates, please visit MAIP Matters.